The Head Bookworm has experience editing manuscripts for journal publication; clients include a biosimilar manufacturer, a nurse, and a doctor of hepatology.
Editing includes the following:
- Confirming document follows the AMA Manual of Style and journal style
- Correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting
- Assisting writers with clarity, brevity, syntax, diction, and presentation of ideas
- Ensuring the manuscript meets journal style and specifications
- Submitting the manuscript to the journal for the client and reviewing and correcting proofs as needed
Articles that have been published where I have provided editorial assistance:
- Gonzalez HC, Imam Z, Wong R, et al. Normal alkaline phosphatase levels are dependent on race/ethnicity: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey data. BMJ Open Gastro. 2020;7:e000502. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjgast-2020-000502 (edited and submitted, includes acknowledgement)
- Jackson K, Gish RG. Point of care diagnostic testing for Hepatitis B virus. Curr Hepatol Rep. 2020. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11901-020-00531-z (edited and submitted, includes acknowledgement)
- Hong J, Lee Y, Lee C, et al. Physicochemical and biological characterization of SB2, a biosimilar of Remicade® (infliximab). MAbs. 2017;9(2):364-382. https://doi.org/10.1080/19420862.2016.1264550 (edited but no acknowledgement)
- Tidwell T, Edwards J, Snider E, et al. A nursing pilot study on bedside reporting to promote best practice and patient/family-centered care. J Neurosci Nurs. 2011;43(4):E1-5. https://doi.org10.1097/JNN.0b013e3182212a1d (edited but no acknowledgement)
I have edited many others that were never published, and I corrected the proofs of many more that didn’t get my watchful eye when first submitted.